You know those foods you tend not to buy because they’re just so good, you can’t be trusted alone with them? You know, the ones you pass by in the grocery store, pause to think about, but ultimately stick back on the shelf because they’re just too dangerous?
For me, those are the dark chocolate peanut butter cups at Trader Joe’s. I can list quite a few items that I consider incredibly addictive from Trader Joe’s, but the almond butter cups definitely top the list.
A few weeks ago on a girls trip we were hiding these for the morning coffee. But living an hour from Trader Joes I knew I needed to make them! So I developed this “healthier” version on the beautiful chocolate goodness.
"Trader Joes" Almond Butter Cups
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 3 Tbsp smooth almond butter I put mine in the food processor for a minute.
- 3 tsp raw honey
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- Add Coconut oil, cocao powder, 3 Tbsp smooth almond butter and honey into a saucepan and stir to combine.
- Heat on low, stirring constantly, until the ingredients are well combined and smooth. Remove from the heat.
- Pour 1 1/2 tsp chocolate mixture in the bottom of lined muffin pan. Freeze until set.
- Add 1 tsp almond butter, and top with leftover chocolate.
- Store in an airtight container in the Freezer. The chocolate will get really soft at room temperature.
Perfect for an afternoon pick me up or evening tea break.