Copy Cat Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Perfect Bars! A healthy snack bar that tastes just like that popular bar you find at the store without the $4 price tag! Now you can make your own at home!
As a healthy foodie, I am always on the lookout for the next big health food trend or fad.
If you’ve not tried a Perfect Bar before, they come in 12 different flavors and contain over 20 different “superfoods.” My favorite flavor is the Dark Chocoalate Chip Peanut Butter + Sea Salt. I keep at least 3-4 bars in the fridge at all times. At $24 a box for 8 bars, it’s pretty clear this obsession is hitting me hard in the wallet. In order to save money, I decided to use the ingredients in my pantry to make my own version of a Perfect Bar for less money. Being a peanut butter and chocolate enthusiast, I chose to recreate the Dark Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter flavor. While these are not an exact replica, they still come pretty darn close.
They’re made in just 1-bowl in about 10 minutes, using simple pantry ingredients you likely already have on hand. The base is a thick layer of peanut butter mixed with maple syrup, oat flour, almond flour, protein powder, milk, vanilla and sea salt. This thick, fudgy peanut butter mixture gets pressed into a loaf pan to help cut the perfect bar shapes.
Simply said, these bars couldn’t be more PERFECT! If you are a fan of the sweet/salty combo, you can’t go wrong with this recipe. If you try it, please let me know what you think. Enjoy!
"Perfect" Perfect Bars
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp protein powder I used THM Protein Powder
- 2 tbsp de-fatted peanut flour I used THM De-Fatted Peanut Flour
- 1/4 cup rice crispy
- 1/2 cup sugar free peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 dash sea salt
- sugar free chocolate chips
- Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients except for chocolate chips in a medium sized bowl. Stir until a dough forms. You may need to use your hands or a sturdy wooden spoon to get everything combined.
- Press the mixture firmly into a parchment lined pan. Press desired amount of mini chocolate chips into the top of the bars and freeze for about 60 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and cut into bars.Store in the refrigerator.